Tuesday, April 21, 2020

You were born to be healthy


If you have been reading my blog posts over the last few weeks, you may remember that I have spent some time talking about Positive Mental Attitude (PMA), what that actually means and why it is important to our health. Through talking to many of you over the recent weeks, I registered your fears, frustrations and anxieties among many other negative emotions that we are challenged with at the current time. I have seen immense chaos, panic and confusion. What I really need to tell you now is vitally important to your health journey: ‘You were born to be healthy.’

What I mean by the above statement is that every single one of us has our own health potential. Yes, I appreciate that sometimes there are things that are out of our control, but we still have that potential. We still have our own inbuilt healing system, our innate intelligence. I realise for many people this is a new different concept. I say that because I first realised that many of us didn’t fully understand this concept around 10 years ago. I had been giving a series of talks at secondary schools about the spine, nervous system and importance of posture in relation to health and healing. It was the healing part that was causing confusion and not just among the children. The misconception I was seeing was that if you are injured, sick, unwell, you need to either take something or have some kind of surgical intervention to heal. I’m not talking serious illness or injury, please note. At first, I thought I was not clear, and tried out the example of falling and grazing a knee, I got the participants to talk me through what would happen. The general consensus was that if you put a plaster on the cut it would heal the cut. At that point I realised that I take for granted how much we all understand and appreciate the amazing body that we live in.   

A few years after this I spent a short spell in hospital when Isaac was born. During this time, I was able to truly appreciate and deepen my understanding of innate intelligence. I spent most of my stay there consumed by fear. There were a few challenges but my fear kept me from overcoming them. Until I was able to regain control of that fear, I was stuck. I read, I did what I could to shut off the rest of the chaos in the hospital ward, I got access to fruit and vegetables, I did EFT and I meditated. Eventually I was able to listen to the inner voice that said, it’s okay I’ve got this. Call me mad, but I do believe that was innate telling me it was in control, I just simply needed to continue to provide the right environment and let it get to work.

If you are unsure about all this by the way, you only have to look at babies and young children to see it in action. They simply ooze with it. They are constantly developing, learning, growing, healing. Its non-stop innate on display. This was one of the reasons that I then began the Oscar Ocean series. I felt that if we could start talking to children at a young age about how to be healthy how to look after their bodies from the inside out, how to start taking that responsibility from a young age, then they would grow into adults who would could truly achieve their health potential. I wanted them to understand the importance of the 7 Habits of Health and that their choices and actions really do affect their health.

Anyway, back to my story, I then spent some time explaining what this innate intelligence was and how it was the action of this that would heal the grazed knee. How when we have a reaction to dust for example and we sneeze; that is innate intelligence creating that response to ensure that we get rid of what the body does not need, what may potentially be harmful. If we perhaps eat something that we haven’t cooked correctly and are subsequently sick; that is our innate intelligence again removing it from our system. If we touch something hot and immediately pull our hand away, again innate intelligence. All of the above are mechanisms designed to help us to not just survive, but thrive.

Regardless of our beliefs about how we cam to be as a species, innate intelligence in there inside everyone of us doing its thing every day, helping is grow, heal, survive and thrive. There is a catch though; innate can only do the job if you give it the correct environment, if you provide the correct ingredients. Right now, there is so much around us attempting to make us believe that the human body is physically weak, and yes there is a problem, but let’s look at this from a different perspective. This is happening because fear breeds fear and negativity breeds negativity. The abundance of fear and negativity can only do one thing, take our power and keep us in a place of weakness. When we are in a state of stress whether its physical, chemical or emotional, it lowers our immune function and we become more susceptible to illness.

We need to get back to what I said at the start we are born to be healthy. Born to thrive. Let’s start getting back to the basics, and looking to what’s inside us that makes us healthy. We are not flawed or weak. When we have symptoms, it is a sign that this awesome intelligence inside is doing what it does best, taking care of us and working to the best of its ability. And yes, sometimes it does need help. What if instead of fearing our bodies, we looked at them in wonder and awe at what they can achieve. What if we chose a different approach took that power away from fear and instead channeled it towards being healthy and learning to thrive. After all, you were born to be healthy.


No comments:

Post a Comment